Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Evan and Claire

Well, last Saturday had his first baseball game of the year.  He did great.  He got two outs while playing 2nd base, and almost got a 3rd one.  He was even more pumped about baseball after that and said that he wished he had a game every day.  Unfortunately, he was struck with a very violent episode of either a stomach virus or food poisoning on Sunday night.  I felt so sorry for him, and it was a very rough night.  We were up pretty much straight from 10:30 to 5:30 with both vomiting and diarrhea.   I didn't know a little boy's body had so much fluid!  I stayed home with him Monday, and he was better.  His appetite and energy level still seem to be down though, so hopefully he will be back to normal soon.  

Claire seems to be suffering from quite a bit of separation anxiety.  She gets upset with me when I start loading the car, and will not calm down until I put her in it.  Last night, I was getting ready to walk the dog, and when I did not put her in the backpack right away, she laid it on its side and tried to crawl into it backward--crying the whole time.  It was pretty pitiful.  When she is in the backpack she hugs my neck and loves on me nonstop.  She is also having issues with sleeping in her bed at night.  She will wake up every 45 minutes or so and wimper--unless she is in bed with us, and then she will only does it every few hours.  Hopefully, this too shall pass.  I am sure that one day I will miss the days when she couldn't stand to be parted from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers